As we begin our twentieth year, CEU is reviewing its mission and initiating a strategic planning process to set goals for the next five years, and to articulate a broader vision for the next decade. The last such planning process began in 2000 and culminated in a strategic development plan adopted in 2003, ahead of the initial accreditation of the university by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The vehicle for this review will be the Strategic Development Committee of the Senate. The Committee held its first meeting on 6 December 2010 and will continue its work until the adoption of the new strategic development plan by the Senate and the Board of Trustees.
The development of the new vision and strategic plan represent a major event in the life of the university and the Committee will work in close consultation with all CEU internal constituencies. The present section of the anniversary website was specifically designed as a platform for all members of the CEU community to share information about the progress of the strategic development plan and as a means to allow large internal participation in the process.
Strategic Development Planning Committee
- John Shattuck (Committee Chair), CEU President and Rector
- Dorothee Bohle, Associate Professor, Head of Department of Political Science
- Aleh Cherp, Professor, Academic Secretary and Research Director, Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Stefan Cibian, PhD Candidate
- Stuart Durant, Managing Director of the CEU Business School and Program Director of Real Estate Studies, Director of the Campus Redevelopment Office
- Katalin Farkas, Professor, CEU Provost/Academic Pro-Rector, Department of Philosophy
- Constantin Iordachi, Associate Professor, Head of Department of History (2010/2011), Co-director, Pasts, Inc., Center for Historical Studies; Adjunct Associate Professor of History, Business School
- Liviu Matei, Professor, CEU Chief Operating Officer, Department of Public Policy
- Istvan Rev, Professor, Director, Open Society Archives
- Nadia Al-Bagdadi, Professor, Head of Department of History (2011/2012), Director of the Religous Studies Program
- Peter Antalffy, PhD Student
Documents related to this process are available below to CEU community members after login with their Novell ID and password.